Kyle Berkshire looks like somebody who could hit the ball a long way. At 6-foot-3, 215 pounds, he has the athletic frame to produce 145 miles per hour of clubhead speed. But Berkshire's game is more than just pure speed. An accomplished junior golfer, Berkshire earned a golf scholarship to the University of North Texas. It was in Denton, Texas that Kyle discovered that the natural speed he produced in his swing could be channeled into the sport of competitive long drive. Working with acclaimed instructor Bernie Najar, Berkshire began training to join the WLDA in early 2017. By April, Kyle had hit the longest confirmed drive in competition—474 yards, in Yucca Valley, Calif.—and moved into the top 50 in the world rankings. At the 2017 Volvik World Long Drive Championships, Kyle made it to the semifinals, where his drive of 433 yards was narrowly beaten by Mitch Grassing's 437.
- 2019 World Long Drive Championship - 1st Place
- 2019 WLD Tennessee Big Shots benefiting Niswonger Children’s Hospital - 1st Place
- 2019 WLD ROC City Rumble - 1st Place
- 2019 Long Drive Cherry Bomb Invitational - 1st Place
- 2019 WLD AK Chin Smash In The Sun - 2nd Place
- 2019 Endless Summer Invitational - Champion
- 2018 Midwest Slam Champion – Longest ball in the tournament
- 2018 Tennessee Big Shots – 2nd Place
- 2018 8 straight Quarterfinal appearances
- 2018 World Long Drive Championship – The Championship’s Longest Drive at 406 yards
- 2017 World Championship – 3rd Place
- 2017 Catawba Classic – Longest ball in the tournament by 24 yards at 439 yards, Tournament Record by 7 yards, also second longest ball at 417 yards
- 2017 Rockwell Blast – 2nd Longest ball at 451 yards – 3rd place
- 2017 Bash for Cash – Longest ball in preliminary group by 15 yards at 432 yards
- 2017 Tennessee Shootout – 5th place
- 2017 Endless Summer Invitational Qualifier Champion (debut) longest drive by 10 yards at 474 yards (Tournament Record)
WHAT KYLE HITS
- Head – Krank Golf Formula X Signature KB Driver
- Loft – 3-4.5 degrees
- Shaft – Fujikura Groove 3x and 4x. House of Forged 3x-4x.
- Length – 48″ USGA
- Grip – Golf Pride
- Highest swing speed recorded – 152.6 mph /December 2018
- Highest ball speed recorded – 228.5 mph (potential World Record) Smash Factor – 149.88 /December 2018
- Longest competitive drive – 474 yards /March 2017
- Ranked #1 in the World for Long Drive
I trust my livelihood to Krank, and you'll be glad you trusted your tee shots to Krank also...TRUST ME ON THIS!
"In 2017 when I was a 20 year old kid (just last year actually) still playing college golf for the University of North Texas I decided I wanted to try my hand at Long Drive. I knew I was long but wasn't sure if I could compete with the top guys in the sport. I decided to have a fitting with two time World Champion Art Sellinger and after trying multiple types of clubs it became apparent that Krank was, by far, the SUPERIOR option. One week later I took my Krank Driver to my first event and won it, and in the process hitting a drive of 474 yards, a Tournament Record. I also won the Tournament and qualified for the World Championship on my very first try. After this event it became apparent that Krank was simply several cuts above ALL other manufactures. While Krank is certainly the best driver in the sport of Long Drive, I can say, as someone who was a high level junior golfer and Division l golfer who has played golf since the age of 3, Krank is also better and by far the most durable, than all the mainstream playing driver manufactures in the World, because mainstream drivers are cast and mass produced. Krank drivers are all handmade individually with the best and highest quality metal combinations available. I trust my livelihood to Krank, and you'll be glad you trusted your tee shots to Krank also ...TRUST ME ON THIS!"